2017 Arnold Strongman Classic
The 2017 IFBB Arnold Classic and Arnold Sports Festival are Presented by Classic Productions. Celebrating the 29th Anniversary of the IFBB Arnold Classic and the 11th Arnold Amateur Championships. March 2nd – 5th, 2017, Columbus, Ohio.
Held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center and the Battelle Grand Ballroom. The Presenting Sponsors were Europa Sports Products and Optimum Nutrition and the Arnold Strongman Major Sponsor was Rogue.
The Arnold Strongman Classic had the first 4 events staged at the Expo stage, and the final exciting event, The Austrian Oak was held at the Battelle Grand Ballroom on Saturday night. Brian Shaw won his third Arnold Strongman Classic title in dominating fashion.
Enjoy the full coverage of this incredible display of skill, power and strength. Split over two days, the competitors battled it out over five incredibly heavy and stressful events to see who would be the Arnold Strongman champion for 2017. This year it was BRIAN SHAW who came out on top in a convincing victory over Hafthor Bjornsson.
This DVD covers each of the 5 events which were as follows in this order:
1. The Bale Tote
2. The Timber Carry
3. The Rogue Elephant Bar Deadlift
4. The Sandbag Throw
5. The Austrian Oak
EXTRA SCENES features the induction of LOU FERRIGNO and BILL KAZMAIER into the International Sports Hall of Fame. This event was co-hosted by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dr Robert Goldman.
Pro Strongman Event: 125 mins
Extras – Sports Hall of Fame: 16 mins
Total Running Time: 141 mins
2017 ARNOLD STRONGMAN CLASSIC RESULTS
1. Brian Shaw – 47.5 – USA
2. Hafthor Bjornsson – 41.5 – Iceland
3. Jerry Pritchett – 39.5 – USA
4. Mateusz Kieliszkowski – 31 – Poland
5. Mikhail Shivlyakov – 29 – Russia
6. Vytautas Lalas – 25 – Lithuania
7. Dimitar Savatinov – 22.5 – Bulgaria
8. Martins Licis – 20.5 – USA
9. Zachary Hadge – 12.5 – USA
10. Krzysztof Radzikowski – 3 – Poland
More details on each of the 2017 Arnold Strongman Events:
1. The Bale Tote — Two different weight yokes. Starting weight 590kg/1300lb. Athletes to carry the yoke 4 meters/13 feet. If successful, the weight of the yoke will be increased to 1565 lb. The fastest time of the heaviest yoke will win.
2. The Timber Carry — 1140 pound (517kg) frame carry up a 35 foot incline. Straps allowed.
3. The Rogue Elephant Bar Deadlift — One rep max, with three attempts for each competitor. (Jerry Pritchett subsequently broke the Rogue Elephant Bar Deadlift World Record with a pull of 1,031 lb. to break Eddie Hall’s record from last year.)
4. The Sandbag Throw – The newest event at the Arnold Strongman Classic was the Sandbag Weight Over the 15’ Bar Throw. Hafthor took the top spot with a 95 lb. toss, which he later bested in an unofficial record-settings throw of the 100 lb. bag.
5. The Austrian Oak — Floor to overhead log press for maximum repetitions. Athletes will have a choice between the heavy Oak – 430 lb. or the Feather Oak – 385 lb.
Special thanks to photographers at the Arnold Classic Finals and Arnold Strongman Classic, Lou Ann Weisenstien of Slater’s Strength and Stones and Jason Breeze for these wonderful strongman photos. Not to be overlooked, our thanks to the Arnold Strongman Classic Officials: The Arnold Strongman Classic is directed by Terry Todd, Jan Todd, and Steve Slater.