2010 Arnold Strongman Classic – Part 2
Part 2 Includes
– Tire Lift
– Timber Lift
– The Jowett Anvil
– Sorin’s Monster
– Dennis Rogers’ Strength Demonstration
Another Strongman title for USA!
The 2010 Arnold Strongman Classic saw a repeat champion as DEREK POUNDSTONE of USA dramatically and brilliantly retained his title. It was a down to the wire battle with Poundstone finally holding off the former multiple champion Zydrunas Savickas of Lithuania. It was a titanic battle between two powerhouses of the sport.
Includes the award by Arnold Schwarzenegger to a jubilant (and newly engaged) Poundstone. USA’s Phil Pfister is pictured below right. More photos at the bottom.
This video is a “must have” for all fans of Strongman Contests, and fans of these amazing strongmen and their incredible feats of power and strength.
2010 Arnold Strongman Classic Results:
1. Derek Poundstone – USA
2. Zydrunas Savickas – Lithuania.
3. Travis Ortmayer – USA
4. Mikhail “Misha” Koklyaev – Russia
5. Brian Shaw – USA
6. Dave Ostland – USA
7. Phil Pfister – USA
8. Konstiantyn Ilin – Ukraine
9. Nick Best – USA
10. Brian Siders – USA
THE 5 STRONGMAN EVENTS FOR 2010
1. Timber Lift – In this event, also known as the Farmer’s Carry, contestants lift 865 lbs. of barn timbers bolted together. They have 30 sec. to carry the 865 lbs load up a 32 ft. inclined ramp.
2. Manhood Stones – Contestants lift round stones weighing up to 525 pounds over a bar approximately 48 inches high.
3. Apollon’s Wheel -This unique barbell was made famous by turn-of-the-century strongman Louis “Apollon” Uni. The barbell resembles two train wheels welded (weights do not rotate) to a thick bar (1.92 inches in diameter) for a total weight of 366 lbs. Contestants will lift the wheels from the floor to overhead as many times as possible in two minutes.
4. Tire Deadlift – Contestants will lift a specially designed 14 foot long bar weighted with tires. Each tire weighs approx. 100 lbs, and the beginning weight will be approx. 750 lbs.
5. The Circus Dumbell – Contestants will lift a replica of a “Circus” dumbbell, which were used by professional Strongmen from the early 20th century. The dumbbell weighs 202 lbs. and has a very big handle which is 3 inches in diameter. The men will use one hand at a time and lift the dumbbell overhead as many times as possible in 90 sec.
The above description courtesy of the Arnoldclassic.com web site.
All photos by Jason Breeze http://www.jasonbreeze.com/